- immediately if your credit card is lost or has been stolen
- to change your address or telephone number
- to increase your credit limit
- to transfer your credit and store card balances
- to request a reminder of your personal identification number (PIN)
- to find out more about the rates that have been used to calculate the interest on your account
- to arrange for a third party to have access to your account
- if you do not wish to receive non-essential communications from us.
how to pay your credit card account
- You can pay any amount between the minimum payment and the full balance showing on your statement.
- We must receive payment by the date shown on your statement. Remember to allow enough time for ‘cleared funds’ to reach your account.
- If we do not receive a minimum payment by the payment due date you will be charged for late payment.
- If you are having difficulty paying your credit card balance please phone us and we’ll do what we can to help.
- You can pay your credit card balance from your smile current account. You just need to click on 'make a payment' from your credit card statement and follow the simple instructions on screen, using your 16 digit credit card number as the reference. You should allow one business day to credit your visa account (if paid before 9pm).
- You can set up a monthly direct debit from any current account to pay the minimum or full balance each month. That way you'll be certain never to miss a payment date. To set up your direct debit just print, complete and return the 'Visa credit card direct debit mandate' form from our forms and downloads section (you can also order it online from 'Customer Services'). The money will be taken from your nominated account on the due date shown on your statement. If the due date falls on a weekend the payment will be taken on the next business day.
- If you've not got a smile current account, your bank should let you make an electronic payment to your smile credit card account, ask your bank for a payment to be made and let them know how much you want to pay. Remember to allow sufficient time as it is your responsibility to ensure that the payment is received by us by the payment due date.
You can use your credit card to withdraw cash from machines displaying the Visa logo worldwide. Charges may apply, please see above for details of charges. To withdraw cash from a machine you will need a PIN. If you do not already have one or need a reminder, this can be obtained by phoning us.
using your credit card abroad
We monitor card usage for your protection against fraud, so if you know when you're going abroad let us know in a secure message and we'll put a note on your account. By doing this, we can help to reduce the number of card security checks that may be carried out when you use your card, helping you enjoy your holiday.
If you don’t recognise a transaction, this may be because the payment has been taken in the name of a holding company, however you may still be able to recognise the amount or the date. If not, please phone us within 30 days of receiving your statement.