What should I do if I have received wrong, faulty or damaged goods?
If you have received wrong, faulty or damaged goods that you have paid for using your smile debit or credit card, we may be able to raise a dispute against the company for the amount paid.
Before we can raise the dispute, you need to attempt to resolve with the company direct. You must also attempt to return the goods or make them available for collection by the company. When returning goods, we suggest you use a tracked method of delivery as we will need proof of return.
If the company fail to refund or replace your goods within 15 days, we will require a few things from you to enable us to review your dispute:
- A secure message or covering letter with a summary of events, including how you have attempted to resolve with the company direct
- An invoice showing what was ordered
- Proof of what was received
- Proof of return
- Any further information that may help, for example, copies of emails between yourself and the company.
Once we receive the documentation, we will review your dispute. We suggest you send photocopies of invoices and receipts.
If a company has agreed to refund your account but fails to do so, we may be able to raise a dispute.
We need to allow the company 15 days to refund you. If after this time they have not refunded, we will need the following information to raise a dispute:
- A secure message or covering letter with a summary of events, including how you have attempted to resolve with the company direct.
- Copy of the refund voucher showing the card to be refunded, date of the refund and amount.
- Any further information that may help i.e copy of the company’s email confirming refund details.
PO Box 200
By fax: 01695 557309