How do I apply for a smile loan?
There are two ways to apply for a smile personal loan: either through our website or by logging into online banking and applying through our products page.
To apply for a personal loan, you must be:
- 18 or over.
- UK resident.
- Earning a minimum Gross Annual Income (GAI) of £10,000
- An existing customer having held a Co-operative Bank or smile current account for at least 7 months (Cashminder, Student and Pathfinder accounts are not eligible).
- Not had any County Court Judgements (CCJs), entered into an Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) or Trust Deeds nor been declared bankrupt within the last 6 years.
- Not in arrears or have not missed more than 2 payments on any credit agreement in the last six months.
- At least one applicant must be Employed full time, part time, self-employed or retired.
- Consolidating an existing Co-operative Bank loan is subject to having made at least 6 repayments on your present loan.
- To apply for a joint loan account, both applicants must be at least 18 or over, UK residents and reside at the same address.
Approval is subject to status and based on a credit check and an assessment of your personal circumstances.
Please note, we do not charge any arrangement fees when you apply for a loan.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
We will be in touch to let you know the decision via email and you will also receive confirmation in the post. A decision will be made within 2 working days.