Setting up smile mobile banking
To get started, you'll need to be registered for online banking and know your login details.
What you'll need:
- 6-digit online banking security code
Not registered for online banking? You can register once you've downloaded the app.
A new app, a new reason to smile...
Manage your money easier. Check your balance. Make payments and view transactions. Wherever you are, whenever you want. The new app lets us make updates and improvements to the app more often, so that you can bank happy.
Log in securely with your fingerprint, Face ID (only available on iOS devices) or a passnumber
Browse over a year's worth of transactions on your current, savings and loan accounts
Make one-off payments up to a value of £250 in a 24 hour period. You can also pay people and companies you've paid before
Quickly transfer money between your smile accounts and make payments to your smile credit card without the need to set up a new payee
Easily change your marketing preferences and let us know how you want to be contacted – via post, email, phone or SMS
Need a hand setting up your app?
Online banking details slipped your mind? Here's how to reset them.Reset your security details
No worries. Find out how to register.
Help using the app
Making a one-off-payment
You can make a one-off payment (up to the value of £250 in a 24 hour period) to somebody new without needing to use your card reader.
What you need to know if you have previously set up balance and limit text alerts
- Balance and limit text alerts are not available to set up in our new app. If you've previously set these up, you'll continue to receive them until we withdraw our previous app.
- If you wish to stop these alerts, text STOP to 87212 (your mobile provider may charge you).
- Once we withdraw access to the previous app, you'll no longer be able to re-register to receive them.
- Overdraft alerts will be unaffected, we will continue to send you a text to notify you either before you go into or when you have entered into an unarranged overdraft.
How we keep mobile banking secure
We're committed to making your mobile banking experience as safe and secure as possible.
- We use advanced encryption technology to stop unauthorised users from reading secure information.
- We have a range of fraud detection systems and regularly monitor your accounts for suspicious activity.
- Your card reader provides you with an additional layer of protection when you bank online that helps us to protect your accounts.
- Our fraud guarantee helps you recover money taken in fraudulent activity in the unlikely event you fall victim of fraud.
Looking for help and info?
Find help here and get tips about mobile bankingGet help and info