Setting up smile mobile banking
To get started with mobile banking you'll need to register for online banking first. Which if you haven't already done so, you can easily do within our app.
Once you’ve downloaded the app you’ll be prompted to enter your online banking:
- 6-digit online banking security code
Next we’ll send you a verification code. You can choose for this to be sent to the mobile phone number or email address you have registered with us. You’ll then be prompted to enter the verification code. Never share this code with anyone.
Please note – the code you receive will be valid for one hour. If your code expires or you haven’t received it, you can request for us to resend it to your chosen device.
Once we’ve verified your identity we will ask you to create a 6-digit passnumber.
Giving you a reason to smile...
Manage your money easier. Check your balance. Make payments and view transactions. Wherever you are, whenever you want. The new app lets us make updates and improvements to the app more often, so that you can bank happy.
Log in securely with your fingerprint, Face ID (only available on iOS devices) or a passnumber
Browse over a year's worth of transactions on your current, savings and loan accounts
Save and pay a new payee
View and delete your existing payees
View and cancel your Direct Debits, standing orders and future dated payments (where you have provided a reference)
Update your contact number and email address.
Quickly transfer money between your smile accounts and make payments to your smile credit card without the need to set up a new payee
Easily change your marketing preferences and let us know how you want to be contacted – via post, email, phone or SMS
Need a hand setting up your app?
Online banking details slipped your mind? Here's how to reset them.Reset your security details
No worries. Find out how to register.
We want to keep improving
We are continuously making improvements to our app, based upon your feedback, so that you can bank the way you want to.
What you need to know if you have previously set up balance and limit text alerts
Balance and limit text alerts are not available to set up in our new app. You will also no longer receive alerts that you set up in a previous version of our app. Overdraft alerts will be unaffected; we will continue to send you a text to notify you either before you go into or when you have entered into an unarranged overdraft.
How we keep mobile banking secure
We're committed to making your mobile banking experience as safe and secure as possible.
- When paying someone new we will check that you’re confident about who you are paying. We’ll do this by guiding you through tailored information and providing the option to cancel it and discuss your concerns.
- We use advanced encryption technology to stop unauthorised users from reading secure information.
- We have a range of fraud detection systems and regularly monitor your accounts for suspicious activity.
- Verification codes provide you with an additional layer of protection when you bank online that helps us to protect your accounts.
- Our fraud guarantee helps you recover money taken in fraudulent activity in the unlikely event you fall victim of fraud.