What you get from Apple Pay
- It's easy to store eligible cards on your device – get them set up quickly, at no extra cost.
- Make sure your payments are secure, with a unique passcode and Touch ID.
- Use Apple Pay wherever you see the Apple Pay or contactless logo.
How does Apple Pay work?
Apple Pay lets you store and make payments using credit and debit cards on your Apple device. Whether that's a compatible iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch, your cards will be stored in the device’s Wallet. This means you'll be able to make payments easily, quickly, and safely.
Which cards and devices are eligible?
All of our smile debit and credit cards are eligible. You can use Apple Pay with any compatible Apple device, including:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus and later
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and later
- Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 2 and later, if paired with a compatible iPhone
How secure is the service?
In a word: very. If you use your Apple device’s security features, like Touch ID, a unique 6-digit passcode or the Wrist Detect function on your Apple Watch, your payments won’t just be speedy, but secure too.
Apple, the Apple Logo, Apple Pay, iPhone, Apple Watch and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Help for existing customers
More information about paying from your Apple device, whether that's in-store, online or in-app.Get help and info
Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are free from landlines and mobiles. Calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calls to numbers starting with 01 and 02. Calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers cost 3p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge. Calls to 0844 and 0843 numbers cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge.
Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes.